N/APosted on - 08/22/2014
Hello There! We are trying to connect to a Win 2003 VPN server from a PC running Windows XP Pro wired to a Linksys router and cable modem. Our first attempt was successful and it works fine. After several days an automatic Windows update applied the patch for the WMF problem. Since then we can no longer establish a VPN connection. We get Error 800. Please help.
Can no longer establish VPN connection
VPN error 800 usually happens when something problematic happened in your network settings. Check the followings.
1. Make your firewall to allow TCP port 1723, IP Protocol 47 (GRE).
2. Check your internet connection. Poor internet connection might also cause the same issue.
3. Update your router or firewall to latest firmware.
4. If your VPN runs with Windows RRAS with NAT enabled, check the settings of NAT.
5. Sometimes, the VPN server might be unable to get IP from DHCP for the VPN client. You will have to re-configure the VPN host network settings.
6. If you’re using software like Norton or Microsoft OneCare, you may disable them for a short time.
Now, your problem should be solved.