N/APosted on - 02/15/2013
I have a PlayStation 3 with Sony PlayStation Eye and I want to use it to take some personal videos. Where can I find a free download site with PS3 Eye driver? Is it really possible to use the PS3 Eye camera in place of regular webcams? How can I integrate the PS3 Eye driver with Yahoo Messenger, Skype, and other communication applications in computers and mobile phones with poor camera resolution?
Can I use the PS3 Eye as a regular webcam?
You can purchase PS3 Eye from the link below:
Purchase PlayStation 3 Eye for PS3
This will let you connect with your family and friends using video chat on your PS3 console. You can chat with your friends and family with up to six person simultaneously and share photos while chatting. It also has four mic array for better sounding. Download the driver from the link below:
Code Laboratories-Eye Platform Driver
Setting up PS3 Eye on PS3:
1. You need to have an updated system software installed on the console.
2. You also need a Sony Entertainment Network account. Sign up in the XMB home menu and then PlayStation Network and Sign Up with a new account.
3. Plug the PS3 Eye on one of the USB ports on your console. Once plugged in, you can now start chatting.
To integrate PS3 Eye on your computer:
1. Download the CL-Eye driver from the link above. And then save it on your Desktop.
2. Locate the downloaded file and install.
3. Once installed, connect the PS3 Eye to your computer's USB port.
4. You can now use the camera with your instant messenger and it will work like just a usual web camera.