Sometimes I get a black screen with the gray power sign when I boot up. Usually if I restart, it goes away but I get it once a week or so. Is this anything I need to be concerned about, and if so, what can I do (if anything) to fix it? Thank you.
There are certain reasons why you’re having this black screen. I’ll tell your several reasons and the quick fix for each problem.
A. Bad Operating System. I hope that your system not at this state. It is going to be a long work if we have this issue. In order to eliminate this problem, we can reinstall new/fresh Operating System or initiate System Restore.
1. Restart your computer and the hold F8 during the restart cycle to enter Safe Mode options with command prompt.
2. Use the arrow keys to select the Safe mode with a Command prompt option.
3. If you’re asked to select which operating system, use arrow keys to select the proper one and then press Enter key.
4. Log in as administrator to get the full access in the system
5. Please type in the command prompt “%systemroot%system32restorerstrui.exe” and then press enter button in your keyboard. Follow the instruction in the screen and it will initiate system restore in your computer.
B. Corrupted software and hardware files. Please update your hardware and software. Please try the following to update any part of your system.
1. Right click in My Computer/Computer. Select Manage and computer management will show up.
2. Select Device Manager and select the hardware that you want to upgrade or needs upgrade.
3. For your software, you can just simply launch the software, look for help and select upgrade version.
C. Remove some of your Startup applications to optimize your boot cycle speed.
1. Press and hold Windows button in your keyboard and “R” button to open Run Dialog Box.
2. Type “msconfig”.
3. Look for Startup tab and select the link “Open task Manager”.
4. Select/Unselect the applications that you want to remove from your start up programs.
D. Updating your antivirus software will help you optimize also the speed of your computer and to avoid the black screen issues. Select only the options that you need most while working in your computer to avoid over use of your memory.
Android smartphones suffer a lot of issues, including security concerns, device fragmentation, battery life, overheating, user experience, durability, security, bloatware, software updates and compatibility. Because of the platform's open nature, security threats such as...
Artificial intelligence (AI) is changing how art is created, consumed, and appreciated. AI technologies such as machine learning, computer vision, and natural language processing have enabled artists to create unique and innovative artworks that...
With the help of AirPods, a well-liked wireless earbud attachment, you can take calls or listen to music without having to bother with cords. The continuous notifications that the AirPods send out, meanwhile, can...
The finest laptops are powerful enough to do your daily tasks, comfortable enough to use all day, and power-efficient enough to ensure you don't run out of battery power unexpectedly. Of course, all these...
While looking for a chemical-free way to clear and purify both durable and low grounds in your home, a steam cleaner is an excellent solution. With a spurt of superheated steam, this cleaning equipment...
Internet monitoring software keeps a log of all internet activities. You can install this type of software on your computer remotely or by the administrator. An operating console controls this software. This type of...
A Hard Disk Drive is usually partitioned into various smaller drives for optimization. A partition manager helps make this process easier and more efficient. Here, let’s discuss the top 10 best partition manager software.