N/APosted on - 06/02/2017
Recently, a colleague of mine has requested me to brief him on checkpoint firewall. I told him everything to the best of my knowledge but somehow forgotten the basics like; how to configure checkpoint firewall? Please give the required solution!
Basics: How To Configure Checkpoint Firewall?
Here’s the basic use configuration guide on checkpoint firewall:
- Log in to your Smart Dashboard using IP of the Management Server and your credentials.
- Alter the policy of firewall such that it allows some traffic to pass by while blocking all other. For this, go to Rules > Add Rule > TOP
- Change the ‘any source’ to ‘new source’ by clicking on each section and changing the desired content.
- Now, add HTTP under Service section and click on Accept.
- You can also limit the user’s browsing under the ‘Application and URL filtering’.
This method covers the basic configuration of checkpoint firewall.