N/APosted on - 03/05/2013
When I try to install the Microsoft Dynamics GP on the laptop of Business Development Manager in our company, an error message appears. Please find the screenshot of the message for your reference. This type of unknown error is so annoying because I have no idea how I shall tackle the error.
Anyone has an idea to solve this error? Thanks in advance.
Microsoft Dynamics GP
Your attempt to log into the server failed because of an unknown
error. Attempt to log again.
Attempt to log into the server failed because of an unknown error
You may try the following solutions:
Restart the instance of SQL Server that is being used with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008.
1) Right-click the instance name of the SQL Server, click Stop, and then click Start.
2) Click Start > point to All Programs > point to Microsoft SQL Server > and then click SQL Server Management Studio.
3) In the Connect to Server window:
4) In the Server name box, type the name of the server that is running SQL Server.
5) In the Authentication box > click SQL Authentication.
6) In the login box, type san.
7) In the Password box, type the password for the san user, then click Connect.
8) Right-click the instance name of the SQL Server, and then click Restart.
All Programs > point to Microsoft Dynamics > point of GP 10.0, and then click GP OR click Utilities.
In the login box, type san.
In the Password box, type the password for the san user, and then click OK.