N/APosted on - 01/08/2014
I am trying to install an AIR app published from Flash on my laptop having Flash Professional CS6 and I receive an error that says the installer has been misconfigured. However, I was able to install this app using the same installer on a desktop. I tried to solve this problem by searching for the APP name in ‘AIR settings’ dialog and on not finding the name there, I assumed it to be completely uninstalled and proceeded with a new installation of the app. However, this did not work for me. Then what is causing the issue? My Flash Professional CS6 was recently updated and as far as I know, all other software installed is up to date too. Please help me in resolving this issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sorry, an error has occurred.
This application cannot be installed because this installer has been misconfigured. Please contact the application author for assistance.
AIR Application fails to install with Flash Professional CS6
When you are trying to install a Digital Publishing Suite or Folio Producer tools, the installer reports this error. Also using the Preview on Desktop feature from the Folio Builder panel you can see this error.
Solution 1 :
You can solve this issue by installing the Desktop Content Viewer manually.
1. Double-click the AdobeContentViewer.air file located here”
C:Program FilesCommon FilesAdobeInstallersAdobeDigitalPublishingCS6ContentViewerAdobeContentViewer.air
Note: To install the Air Runtime, double-click the Adobe AIR Installer file in the same folder as the AdobeContentViewer.air file to install it. The latest AIR Runtime installer you can get form here.
2. After installed the AIR Runtime, double-click the AdobeContentViewer.air file and you will receive the following prompt:
“Are you sure you want to install this application to your computer?”
3. If you see the status of “VERIFIED” click the install option to complete the installation of the Adobe Desktop Content Viewer.
But after that process if you receive the following error message:
“An error has occurred while generating folio preview. Could not find the Adobe® Content Viewer” you need to correct folder permission.
Solution 2 :
For Mac OS:
1. Find the folder or Application or Adobe.
2. Select Adobe folder >> select “Get info” from the “Finder’s File Menu”.
3. Click on “Lock icon” and provide Admin credentials.
4. Set the Privilege.
5. Click the “Widget icon”>> choose “Apply To Enclosed” items.
6. Click “OK”.
1. From Windows Explorer, find the folder: “C:Program FilesAdobe.”
2. Right-click the Adobe folder>> select “Properties”.
3. Click the “Security” tab.
4. Click “Advanced”.
5. Click “Change Permissions”.
6. Enable the option labeled “Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from the object."
7. Select a group >>click “Edit”.
8. Enable the “Allow” for the “Full Control” >> click “OK”.
9. Select “OK” in dialog box “Advanced Security Settings For Adobe”.
When you get the prompt that states “This will replace explicitly defined permissions on all descendants of this object with inheritable permissions from Adobe” just click “Yes”.
10. After finished Click “OK”.
11. To exit the Adobe Properties dialog box again click “OK”.
Attention: If the Preview on Desktop still fails after fixing the folder permissions, repeat Solution 1.