Images have become a form of expression now. People view images on social media platforms and their devices. Here, let’s discuss the top 10 best image viewer software.
1. Google PhotosGoogle Photos is a photo viewing software developed by Google LLC. The benefits provided are:
• Automatic backup
• Unlimited storage
• Manage phone storage
• Jump across time
• Edit & create
• Send, receive, & save
The rating in PCMag stands at 4 out of 5.
2. Windows Photo Viewer
Windows Photo Viewer is a default application developed by Microsoft Corporation. The features provided are:
• To browse photos within a folder, open a photo from the File Explorer, then use the arrow keys to see the next item
• Press Ctrl + the mouse wheel to zoom in or out
• No import required
• The options given are zoom, delete, rotate, edit & create, share, file info, save as, copy, print, and set as.
The rating in PCMag is 3.5 out of 5.
HoneyView is a free image viewer developed by Bandisoft. The benefits provided are:
• Displays EXIF in JPEG format with GPS information
• Supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
• Shows images in zipped files
• Fast and lightweight
• Batch image format conversion with resizing
• Show animations for animated GIF & WebP
The rating stands at 4 out of 5 in gHacks.
IrfanView is an image viewer developed by Irfan Škiljan in 1996. The benefits provided are:
• View images
• Scan & print
• Create slideshow
• Batch processing
• Unicode support
The rating in G2 stands at 4.5 out of 5.
5. MiniTool MovieMaker
MiniTool MovieMaker is free software developed by MiniTool. The features provided are:
• Realistic photo gallery
• Simple timelines
• Stunning transition
• Animate zoom tool
• Perfect aesthetic
• Auto-save projects
The rating in TechRadar is 3.5 out of 5.
6. Movavi Photo Manager
Movavi Photo Manager is a licensed photo organizer developed by Movavi Software Ltd. The benefits provided are:
• Organize photos
• Find duplicates
• Edit images
• Backup copies
• Automatic album creation
• Photo viewing
The rating in G2 stands at 4 out of 5.
7. FastStone Image Viewer
FastStone Image Viewer is an image viewer developed by FastStone Soft. The benefits provided are:
• Windows Explorer-like UI
• Supports over 38 image formats
• True full-screen viewer
• Image magnifier
• Editing tools like resize/resample, rotate/flip, crop, sharpen/blur, adjust lighting/colors/curves/levels etc
• Color effects like grayscale, sepia, negative, and red/green/blue adjustment
• Special effects like annotation, drop shadow, framing, bump map, sketch, oil painting, and lens
• Multi-level Undo/Redo capability
• Play video files
The rating in Cnet is 4.5 out of 5.
ImageGlass is an open-source photo viewer developed by Dương Diệu Pháp. The features provided are:
• Multilingual support
• Quick shortcuts
• Six zoom modes
• Four combinable window modes
• Drag-n-drop viewing supported
• Rapid switch between images
• Real-time updating of the image
• Fast thumbnail preview
• Slideshow with a countdown timer
• Basic touch gestures
• Color picker tool
The rating stands at 4 out of 5 in Cnet.
XnView is a freeware developed by XnSoft. The benefits provided are:
• CR2 & RAW file viewer
• Batch image converter
• Batch image resizer
• Supports all major image formats
• Duplicate image finder
• Image compare
The rating in Cnet is 4.5 out of 5.
10. ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate
ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate is a software developed by ACD Systems International Inc. The features provided are:
• Improved facial recognition & face detection
• Keyword management
• Duplicate finder
• Multiple image baskets
• Cloud access
• Improved batch convert
• File viewing
• Slider look
• Import & export actions
• Map feature
• RAW support
• ACDSee mobile sync
The rating in PCMag stands at 3.5 out of 5.