There are numerous background check services available online, but they are not all created equal. When deciding on what company to use for a background check, pay careful attention to the type of information they find and the fine print regarding costs. Online background sites take public data and put it together into a single comprehensive report.
Some background check sites claim to be free, but none are actually free. Most sites give the option of buying a single report for a one-time fee, or a much more economical option of paying for a subscription that allows you either a set number or unlimited background searches per month.
Consumer confidence is essential, so check out the online reviews for each site. Avoid sites where numerous reviewers complain of difficulty canceling their subscription or of being overcharged. There are background check sites that have a history of unethical billing practices.
Top five sites for background checks
1. Check People—One of the newer background check sites, Check People has a fresh, easy to use the website. Check People offers a one-time, flat rate for a single report, but the real deal is in the low costs monthly subscription service. Check People also uses a sophisticated algorithm capable of searching the dark web, when most other services are offer searches based on the surface web. Check people offers unlimited searches for a single subscription fee, so you can have fun satisfying your curiosity about anyone you know. Visit them at https://checkpeople.com/.
2. Intelius—Intelius is one of the older online background check providers being formed in 2003. They rank high in consumer confidence reports. Their interface is somewhat dated, but the information they offer is dependable. They offer more search options, allowing you to search with limited or detailed information and narrow it down as you go. The pricing is a bit complicated, but they do offer single report pricing. Intelius also provides an app for both iOS and Android devices, meaning you can easily do a quick background check from anywhere.
3. BeenVerified—BeenVerified offers desktop, iOS, and android apps, as well as a mobile web version of their site. One of the unique features of BeenVerified is their statement that if the information you are searching for is not available, they will send people to the local courthouse to retrieve the information. They offer a “no hassle, no haggle” subscription cancellation guarantee. Though their subscriptions are moderately priced, they do not provide a single report option. BeenVerified makes a good option for those seeking to find basic information like phone numbers, emails, and addresses.
4. Instant Checkmate—Instant Checkmate offers one of the more affordable subscriptions and single report costs among the online background check sites. It offers an easy and intuitive website that aggregates a report quickly. Their email reports, which allow you to run a check with just an email address, is more comprehensive than that found on most background check sites. Instant Checkmate also has a reputation for providing more in-depth information related to employment and education.
5. Truthfinder—When first using Truthfinder, you may be a little concerned that it takes a bit longer than the other sites to create a report. However, when you see the sheer volume of information returned, you will understand why it takes a bit longer to put together. Truthfinder also uses a unique algorithm that searches out the most reliable sources of information. They return highly accurate data with few errors. Truthfinder is also offering premium data at no extra charge. Truthfinder maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, which speaks well of the transparency of their pricing and customer service. It is one of the more expensive services, but the reports are more extensive.
These top five background check sites offer quick searches and reputable service with no gimmicks or tricks. These top websites make it easy to cancel your subscription if you are not satisfied with the service, unlike some background check sites that intentionally complicate canceling a subscription.