Passport photos must meet established criteria to be accepted in the paper or digital format. While it’s not hard to comply with the sizes, background editing is a major problem. Your first idea may be to head to a photo studio and let the professionals do their job. However, you may find it expensive and time-consuming. There is a cheaper way to get the right format faster. Follow the post to learn the alternatives.
Edit the Photo by Yourself
It may not be the fastest way, especially if you have never done this before. But there are special programs that are easy to grasp, even for beginners. With thousands of YouTube channels with tutorials at your disposal, it’s not hard to get a handle on the software.
As of 2021, users rank Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, and Luminar as the best photo editing tools for PCs. They register a user-friendly interface, color-correction opportunities, and the feature of background removal. You’ll need to download and install the program on your computer. Some of them are rather costly, and others have a free trial period. But if you go all the way, you’ll acquire helpful skills and know-how to edit images yourself.
Go to Online Photo Editing for Help
A ton of software can improve the background online. You won’t have to install anything, upload the image, click a couple of buttons and download the results. They automatically separate the outline and change the background to your liking.
But such services are superficial and do the minimum of changes. More serious formatting is only possible with an expensive subscription. Be ready to spend from $5-$30 US dollars per month. Besides, they don’t provide any confirmation that a photo will be accepted for your passport application. Passport photo background editing is often a part of all the features available on these platforms.
A Service Geared for ID Photos
Trusted online passport photo background editing software is usually your best choice.
Follow 4 steps:
- Take a photograph
Take a selfie or ask someone to assist you. It must be of good quality and with no glare. Make sure you look into the camera with a neutral expression.
- Head to the online editing service
Select your ID type and the country, as it’s important for the right background color. Most countries ask for a white or light-grey one. Others, however, only accept red or even blue. Visafoto’s database has thousands of specifications relevant for different countries and ID types. Besides, it’s not just the background that will be taken into account, but also the format, eye line position, sizes, etc.
- Upload the image and let the system process it
It’ll separate the silhouette and hairline, improve the background and introduce other necessary changes.
- Download the file
It’ll contain 1 photo for online applications and a template with 4 images for printing.
Why Is Online Passport Photo Editing Service More Reliable?
- Experienced in working with photos for most countries of the world
- Not only background editing but also adjusting images to the country’s ID specifications. The format of the processed image is convenient for print or attaching to online applications
- You get a guarantee it’ll be accepted. The rejection rate is meager. If this happens, the service team can find what’s wrong, fix it and send you a new photo free of charge
- Fast and convenient. You’ll only need to wait for a couple of seconds to a minute. Using the tool, you spend less of your time becauyou’re’re not required to do anything by yourself
Most Frequent Mistakes with Passport Photos
- Ignoring the required format and sizes
- The wrong background-color
- Glare and shadows in the frame
- Glasses, hats, headphones. They are forbidden in most cases. Exceptions are medical conditions or religious beliefs
A Tip About Clothing
There are usually no strict outfit requirements. The passport photo only shows the upper part of the shoulders. But stilit’st’s better to avoid being photographed in a multicolored T-shirt. Choose something monochrome that flatters your skin tone and eye color. Take pre-shots if needed.
Use one of these ways to edit your photo. While considering the options, online services seem to be the most reliable tool to get everything done faster and with better quality.