The term ‘Point of Sale’ is also referred to as the Point of Purchase. It is the time or place when an individual purchases any product and the retail transaction takes place. In other words, the point of sale is an activity that a vendor calculates the total price to be paid by the customers. It is also referred to as the point at which the customer pays the required amount stated by the vendor. There are several Point of Sale software tools available today. Many businesses and shop owners are using these software tools for accurate and efficient sell and purchase activity. The following are the top ten best retail Point of Sale software tools with features.
1. Chromis POS:
Chromis POS is one of the well-known and commonly used POS software tools. This application is best suited for small shops and retail sellers. The best part is it is an open-source tool. It is compatible to work with Microsoft Windows operating systems only. The features of this application tool include loyalty program, sales, tracking, store management, dashboard, customer management, reporting, and analytics. It is capable of working with several hardware tools. Chromis POS has a kitchen display screen that displays orders of the customers. It supports importing the CSV product list.
2. eHopper:Another free and open-source Point of Sale software tool is eHopper. This is a cross-platform tool that supports almost all major operating platforms. Additionally, it is a mobile-friendly software tool, which supports Android as well as iOS devices. It is a cloud-based tool and is best suited for small businesses. The features of this application include free card processing, ring up sales with ease, saves time on business operations, access business data anytime and anywhere, and many others. It is an all-in-one tool that has a built-in receipt printer and touch screen register.
3. Floreant POS:Floreant POS is a simple, easy to use, and powerful application in its domain. Users feel very comfortable and relax while using this software tool. It is compatible to work with Microsoft Windows, Linux, and macOS operating systems. Additionally, users of Raspberry Pi can also use this application with ease. The features of this tool include food menu manager, bar tab tracking, invoice tax calculations, partial payment capability, invoice splitting, credit card reports, modular features, multiple printer support, mobile-friendly, daily sales reports, etc.
4. Imonggo:Imonggo is yet another robust and powerful Point of Sale software tool. This application is specially developed for small retail stores. The main objective of this software tool is it enables retailers to make the selling of products faster and easily. Additionally, it is also capable of counting the stocks automatically with very little time. Imonggo is a cloud-based software tool that enables users to track sales records and stocks from home as well. There are two versions, free and premium. The premium version is available at $30 per month.
5. Keyhut:Another open-source software tool for Point of Sale is the Keyhut. This software tool is ideal for startups, small retailers, as well as for SMEs. The features encompassed in the Keyhut software tool are highly robust. They include accounting, customer management, inventory management, table management, barcode scanning, billing and invoicing, order management, dashboard, ordering automation, restaurant POS, online ordering, split payment, and tip management. It is only compatible to work with Microsoft Windows operating systems. It has an intuitive and powerful interface.
6. Loyverse POS:One of the most recommended software tools for Point of Sale is the Loyverse POS. It is a mobile-friendly software tool that supports Android, iOS, and iPad devices. Users can sell their products from home through mobile devices. It includes a feature of electronic receipts or printed receipts. Customers can pay the amount using various payment methods, like cash, cards, etc. Additionally, users are offered a provision of editing and canceling their orders. The other features include discounts, refunds, item variants, item modifiers, cash management, offline work, etc.
UniCenta is yet another open-source and free Point of Sale software tool. It is a very powerful and robust application. It is compatible to work with Microsoft Windows, Linux, and macOS operating systems. Also, it is a mobile-friendly tool that supports Android as well as iOS devices. Apart from this, it is a cloud-based tool that allows users to manage retail transactions from home as well. It is very well suited for small as well as medium businesses. It comes with four versions, free, general, specialist, and hospitality.
8. Erply:The Point of Sale software tool for retail businesses is the Erply. This software tool is available online as well as offline mode. Users feel very comfortable using this software tool as it has a flexible and simple interface. Like other applications, it is also a cloud-based application. So, it provides a provision of using this tool from anywhere and anytime. Erply also manages inventories and supports recording stocks automatically. It incorporates secure payment methods by cards, electronic signatures, Pin debits, etc.
9. Odoo POS:Odoo POS is another all-in-one software tool used as a powerful solution for business retailers. The features incorporated in this tool are highly robust. It has a built-in receipt printing option. Users can watch all orders on the application’s screen. Customers can reorder the order, return the order, issue refund, pursue discounts, filtering orders, etc. Business retailers can view their stocks on the POS screen. It is not an open-source tool. It charges an amount of $105.39.
Vend is one of the best and most-used Point of Sale software tools. It is a highly trusted application and is used by more than 25,000 business retailers. This software has become one of the leading tools that have maintained the trust of retailers for more than ten years. The Vend software tool is very easy to operate and has an intuitive interface. It is a cloud-based tool. It also serves as a powerful inventory management tool. Users get real-time reporting for smarter decisions.