Solar powered speakers are based on solar energy which we get from the sun. The quantity of solar energy used in one year is radiated by the sun in a single day. The sun is made up of gasses like helium and hydrogen mainly. Due to the occurrence of nuclear fusion, this energy comes from the core of the sun. This energy from the sun is transmitted at the speed of 3.0 x 108 meters per second.
The Solar device works by enabling photons to be free from atoms that generate electricity flow. Many photovoltaic cells make up one solar panel. Photovoltaic cells are made up of silicon which is also used in microelectronics. Photovoltaic cells require electric field for operation. An electric field is formed when we separate opposite charges. When a photon hits electrons, the electron is pushed out of silicon junction.
Advantages of solar power:
- Technology development:
- The improvement and advancement in the solar technology will intensify in the future. The effectiveness of solar panels can be increased by any number of times with development in nanotechnology.
- Low maintenance cost:
- The maintenance of solar systems is very less. They just need to be kept clean, and that can be done only twice or thrice a year. Even warranty for such systems is available up to 20-25 years. They are not wear and tear type because of constant nature. But the invertor needs to be changed every ten years. Because it continuously works to convert the solar energy into electrical energy and in other forms of energy too.
- Diverse applications:
- Solar energy can be used for various applications. It helps in generating different forms of energy. Solar panels can be used in buildings for various applications.
- Reduces electricity bill:
- Because solar energy can be converted into many other energy types so, it can also produce electricity which in return can reduce the cost of direct electricity supply, and also many applications can directly work on solar energy hence eliminating the use of electricity. Also, the electricity produced from solar energy can be enough to be sold too.
- Renewable energy source:
- Solar energy is never ending source because solar energy is emitted by the sun. Solar energy is available daily without fail.
Disadvantages of solar energy:
- Weather dependent:
- The efficiency of the solar system drops on cloudy and rainy days.
- Also, solar energy cannot be collected at the night time.
- Associated with pollution:
- Transportation and installation of solar panels involve emission of greenhouse gasses.
Some of the examples of solar speakers:
- Eton Rugged rukus:
The Most popular solar powered speaker in the market is Eton Rugged Rukus. This speaker is water resistant and light weight that means its weight is just one pound that makes it easy to be carried anywhere. This speaker also contains a solar panel. It is ideal for the activities that are needed to be conducted outdoors. The charging time of this device is 5 hours of direct sun. It can help charging your cell-phones by solar energy and mini USB port provided on the product. It also has led light that indicates various functions and also commands buttons for turning ON and turning OFF charging of your externally attached device. This speaker basically works on Bluetooth technology.
- Eton rukus xl sound system:
This speaker is large. These are best suitable for outdoor parties like in a garden or beach. Rukus xl provides full sound features and a bass button for bass boasting. This speaker is very light in weight also its charging time is 5 hours under the sun. This device is Bluetooth compatible.