For the past few years, the outsourcing market has developed drastically worldwide. That’s mainly because of setting up the Offshore Development Centers. Many companies started investing in these offshore development centers, as they are much beneficial for their business. Let’s have a look at Offshore Development Center or ODC.
Those who work in the IT know well about ODC than the Non-IT people. ODC is nothing but an office that could be set up in any part of the world to satisfy the requirements of the companies regarding software. The main thing in setting up ODC is to provide a high-quality product delivery economically.
Who are all involved in this ODC?
- Offshore Developers
- Software Testers
- Quality Analysts
- Project Manager
- Delivery Manager
What is the use of ODC for an entrepreneur?
- Product Launches will be made quicker
- The entrepreneur could avoid the cost of hiring technicians and setting up infrastructure.
What is the difference between ODC and Outsourcing?
ODC is certainly different from outsourcing. While ODC delivers a product or service from a place located somewhere in the globe, Outsourcing is a service provided by a third party. The motive of ODC is to help the entrepreneurs cut costs, whereas Outsourcing focuses on production and other major tasks.
Benefits of ODC
- Cost Cutting ODC reduces the cost involved in labor and material and helps to increase sales.
- Affordable Facilities It is up to the entrepreneur to establish an ODC to get things at an affordable cost so that the maintenance cost, office rent, and other service costs could be saved.
- Global Market As the office is set up in another country; it paves a way to create a global market for the business. Logistics costs are reduced, and the company could gain a reputation.
- Skilled Team As the team is set with highly qualified personnel; it will help the employer with a good product or service output, and also they have the satisfaction of having complete skilled workers with them, who can work for them any time.
How to Setup an ODC Team?
Although the benefits are listed out, it is essential to know the right way to set up an ODC team. To set up a team, the company needs to find the right vendor. Before fixing them, their success records and skillsets should be analyzed well. After fixing the vendor, the organizational structure of the business and its culture should be discussed with them to make them clearly understand what the company needs.
The job descriptions for all the positions should be clearly listed out before hiring the employees. Their responsibilities and their roles in the office should be clearly explained. The important thing to be noted while interviewing the employees is their skills rather than education.
Important things to be noted before hiring the ODC team
- Right Location
- Right Budget
- Right Team
- Rules and Regulations
If these basic things are followed, the entrepreneur needn’t worry about developing the business globally, as ODC will help develop their business and chop off unnecessary costs.