All are geared up for the release of the Android N, the buzz is all around the globe. The release of a new Android version is one of the most discussed topic these days.
Name of new version hasn’t been declared yet, as the names of previous versions were based on sweets,nothing will be different this time, few names such as “Neyyappam”,“ Narshmallow”, ”Nutella” etc. are making rumors on the internet.
Moving ahead of the name and talking about the features, the new Android version has come up with amazing tweaks, features modes and many more.
• Double tap the Recent tab Button to quickly switch back to the previous app.
• Quick toggles are placed in the notification bar so that the user don’t have to swipe down completely to access the full Quick Settings shade.
• Also various tweaks has been introduced allowing users to customize Android N, the way they want it to be.
• A new notification design has been introduced, the notifications will no longer be in cards and will be separated by a thin line which will help users to see more unread notifications on the screen and this will save a lot of space. Also, by increasing information density, displayed texts will be longer, so users will know how to act on them, accordingly.
• A new multi-window mode has been introduced which will split the screen into two, this is not a new feature but will be worth to watch for as the several tweaks are introduced in this like the horizontal and vertical screen split and many more.
• Doze mode introduced in Marshmallow gets beefed up for Android N. This advanced Dodge mode 2.0 will conserve the battery better as this will not only depend on the motion sensors but will also act when the screen is off meaning device will be moving but will still be in doze mode.
• Also updates has been introduced for the games and applications that will run along with VR, improving the performance of battery also the update improves the user experience with third party applications.
• A new setting for the display size is introduced which not only lets you zoom the text but the entire Android experience. This will be a great boon for the users who find it difficult with the current size of text and other details.
• Also a new interesting Night mode has been introduced, however the feature was present earlier but this time some amazing tweaks are introduced like when the user picks up their device during night the colour mode changes to blue light, so it’s less of a strain on user’s eyes, with a yellowed hue instead.
• Also in its developer preview Google has introduced a feature. This feature helps the user to make action specific shortcut to the home screen. For that, the user will be able to trigger a specific function from the home screen.
• It is expected that in its new Android update i.e. 7.0 Google will go with “no app drawer” idea, this sounds quite striking as a nothing like this has been done by Google ever before. However no claims have been made by Google on this, but who knows, they might give it a shot.
There are still a lot of details to come and it will not stop till the update is rolled to the users and they will experience this much hyped Android N. However what can be seen that in this upcoming update Google is trying all it can do provide Android users with a smooth user experience along and a better battery life with few amazing tweaks.
So, all we can do is look forward to September when Nexus6P will be launched with a new Android N 7.0.