We’re living more of our lives online than ever before, from work and education to socializing and parties, so how can we make the most of these virtual experiences? Here’s a handful of tips for hosting a brilliant birthday bash!
- Great games! Being online means there are a whole host of party games you can play to give everyone a good laugh. Brief your guests ahead of time for a funny ‘Guess the film scene’ game, each person has to act out a famous movie moment with whatever props and costumes they can cobble together from around their house. The other players can then take turns guessing with hilarious results. If that doesn’t float your boat, how about an online murder mystery or scavenger hunt to bring out the competitive side of your party players!
- Ask an expert! There are plenty of knowledgeable types available for hire for parties now, you can ask a gin expert to talk you through a tasting session, a DJ to play some fantastic tunes, or a make-up artist to host a masterclass. From craft to cookery and everything in between, the virtual world is your oyster; it’s a great way for you and your friends to have fun and even learn a new skill or support a small business at the same time.
- Get some happy posts! Send a party pack out ahead of time to each guest, they will absolutely love to receive a mysterious and fun parcel, and it will give a more tangible feel to your birthday do. You could pop in decorations, clues, or items for games, snacks, a secret envelope, raffle tickets, or just some giant sunglasses – whatever suits your party!
- Host a film party! Co-ordinate start times and have a ‘watch along’ party with your guests, you can all enjoy a nostalgic trip down memory lane, or the latest blockbuster you’ve not seen. If there’s a sporting event on you could plan it around that and all cheer your team on to victory (fingers crossed)! Or if movies and sport are not your things, or you’re pushed for time, have a ‘listen along’ to a favorite album or bespoke playlist you can share with your guests. The playlist can be a great reminder of the party and once shared, your guests can pop the tunes back on whenever they like for their very own kitchen disco.
- Full theme ahead! Pick a theme everyone can enjoy and go all out to make it a memorable celebration. You could choose a color, a decade, or even something glamourous like ‘casino’, and invite your guests to dress up and play cards virtually for a little cash! Get into the game at party casino nj to see if it’s for you.
However, you choose to celebrate, hosting an online celebration often means it’s easier for your nearest and dearest to attend. And what’s better than having the friends and family who mean the most to you helping you enjoy your special days? Pick and mix some ideas from this list and make sure it goes with a virtual bang!