In today’s digital marketplace, businesses compete to provide their customers with the easiest way to shop online with just one click. This applies to B2B companies as well as B2C companies.
With constantly shifting B2B buying trends, companies today must adopt eCommerce to bridge the expectation gap with their potential customers. B2B sellers must strive to offer a comprehensive digital experience that:
- Meets customer expectations
- Converts and attracts leads
- Improves brand loyalty
- Provides an interactive after purchase experience for a better impact
For B2B marketers, eliminating the most common B2B eCommerce mistakes is essential to deliver a seamless digital experience for customers. To cut things short – if you’re looking for a suitable B2B eCommerce platform tailored to a company’s business feel free to check out BigCommerce’s article on best eCommerce B2B Platforms.
#1 Mistake – Launching Without Proper ECommerce Platform & Market Research
Setting up an e-commerce platform without doing proper research will lead to many problems in the future.
- Choosing the wrong business model means that customers will never be acquired. Be confident of what you are selling, what problems your products or services are solving, and what your target audience is. It is a rule of thumb to have a solid business plan and keep up with your competitors.
- Ignoring competitors and their actions in the market will destroy your value proposition. This includes new and experienced competitors. Both types of competitors can set new trends in your industry, set new product standards, or simply attract your customers.Be up to speed!
- If you don’t do research on your customers and understand them, your business will be less customer centric. It is a mistake to believe that B2B shouldn’t be customer-centric. If you don’t learn the technologies that best suit your business needs, you are wasting your time and budget. These include automation, information technology, analytics, social and research. But you also need to choose technologies wisely and without following unreasonable trends.
#2 Mistake – Lack Of Proper ECommerce B2B Advertising
B2B marketers face many challenges when it comes to attracting leads and customers. First, they often target the very small segment of the market that needs their products and services. This means it takes a long time to reach the right audience, which translates into higher marketing costs compared to the average B2C company. For B2B companies, the sales cycle is often longer. The process of converting leads into customers often takes weeks or even months. Many companies are unaware that this is a natural barrier that many other B2B companies face.
Ultimately, running a business doesn’t mean you know all aspects of managing it.
For this reason, it is necessary to acquire certified specialists and delegate them:
- Creation of multiple marketing strategies for an B2B e-commerce platform;
- Optimizing your platform for search engines;
- To sell
- Customer needs analysis
#3 Mistake – Choosing A Platform That Lacks Integration
E-commerce business integration is important for anyone who wants to outsource their support tasks to professionals. This is a good investment in an online business that will save you money and time. The result is a well-functioning online shop that meets the needs of the customer in a fast, modern and spacious sales area.
Here are some examples of popular integrations that every effective B2B eCommerce platform needs to have:
- Allows integration of online payment transactions and generates sales.
- Analytical integrations make it easier to track customer behavior on the website.
- SEO integration. Created to attract new customers through blogs and SEO optimized content.
Bonus: ECommerce Platform Trends In 2022
As a bonus, here are some key trends that B2B e-commerce platforms should follow in 2022:
- AR.It is virtual reality that involves overlapping sensory effects on the world. Now AR is used to showcase products to customers. This technology offers many ways for customers to understand your product. The better the customer understands what he is buying, the greater the chance that they will actually end up purchasing it.
- Search for a voice on the web. According to Google, 20% of Google app searches are now done by voice. Respondents said they use it the most when working remotely or alone in the office, although a staggering 40% use voice tracking in the presence of colleagues and other people, showing how fast the trend is growing. It will definitely change the way shoppers communicate with computers / mobile devices and the way they progress on the customer’s journey.
In times of Covid, avoiding these eCommerce mistakes can save your business from failing. By taking the right approach to eCommerce challenges like poor product information or bad marketing, your customers will feel like you care about them, increase your business loyalty, and help retain customers.