How to protect your home Wi-Fi from intruders
WiFi users must use a protected WiFi connection since it’s a wireless technology anyone in range can access your internet and home network. Someone can easily steal your valuable data if they have access to your WiFi router.
- Password protect your connection.
- Change the password frequently.
- Pay attention to the WiFi led of the router when you are not using WiFi (If it blinks that means someone else is accessing your WiFi).
- Go to your router’s status> local network and carefully inspect the DHCP client table for unidentified IP addresses.
- Use software like network magic www.purenetworks.com/ to identify devices connected to your router.