How to dual boot windows 7 with windows vista
This guide is for those who already have windows 7 and want to dual boot it with windows vista.
- Search for create and format hard disk partitions in your start bar search box and open it.
- If you don’t have any other partitions or free hard discs other than drive c: use shrink volume option to shrink current partition to make a new one.
- Create a new partition and format it using NTFS
- Install windows vista in your new partition.
- When you boot your pc after installation you will notice that you can select only vista.
- Now insert your windows 7 cd and reboot the pc
- Use auto repair option to resolve this problem
- Now when you start the pc you will get two options to select either windows 7 or vista.
This method can be used to install windows XP, Linux or Ubuntu on your current windows 7 pc to dual boot.