Checking whether your windows 7 pc is using rough DNS
If you are getting an alert about rouge DNS settings from Google when you try to access web that means you seems to be infected. Before getting panicked please follow the following small steps to identify whether you are really infected.
- Go to your search area in start bar and type
- Then select CMD icon and press enter
- Please type the following command there
- Then a long list will be displayed, please note down your DNS addresses normally it will appear under your internet connection (if you are using Ethernet then under Ethernet settings, if you are using Wi-Fi then it will appear under Wi-Fi. There might be more than one DNS addresses if so write them all down.)
- Go to FBI’s rouge DNS checker page (Google it) and check all your DNS IPs one by one