N/APosted on - 04/15/2012
I got this error message while trying to play my music using the free trial Zune software. It was my first time to use Zune and I couldn’t solve the said problem.
Anyone who knows how to fix this? Thanks.
The media rights system on your computer has encountered an error and needs to be manually reset.
To see if there’s more information about this error, click Web Help.
Zune error – media rights system has encountered an error
This error you have usually shown up with the Zune software if you have a DRM (Digital Rights Management) error on your computer (usually affects WMA files only). I personally had experienced this problem before and what needs to be done is to run the Reset DRM tool which is downloadable at Mirosoft.com.
Go to this link to download the file: http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/B/2/3B268085-1C48-4261-8D74-D45F10AC0337/ResetDRM.exe
Note that this tool deletes all existing Windows Media DRM licenses on your current installation of Windows.
1. Try to download the file onto your desktop for easy access.
2. Close your Zune software.
3. Make sure it is not on your system tray.
4. Once downloaded, try to run the file as Administrator to reset your DRM licenses. (Right-click and select “run as administrator”).
5. There will be a log file that will show up once it’s done.
6. Try to check the log file and look for something that says “DRM Reset Successful”.
7. Reopen your Zune software and try to play your songs.
8. Once everything is working make sure to delete the ResetDRM tool to avoid running the file mistakenly.
Hope this helps you too!