N/APosted on - 07/12/2013
I suddenly lost my wireless connection and end up with Error 701.
I am using HP Pavillion DV7 3162NR with Windows 7 on it.
What does Error 701 means and how is it related with my lost wireless connection?
How can I fix it?
Wireless Connection Lost with Error 701
For HP users, Error 701 means the Wireless Module is not correctly installed or it was missing. So you need this to make your wireless connection back again. This is a hardware issue with the Wireless Card that stopped working. Try the following steps below to fix this:
1. Disconnect your AC adapter and then remove your laptop's battery to power drain it. Hold down the power button for few seconds.
2. Update your BIOS. Go to the HP website and then search for your laptop's model and then download the updates for your BIOS.
3. Try to reseat your wireless card. For instructions on how to perform this, please read below:
1. Remove the battery.
2. Remove the wireless card (LAN Mini PCI) by:
Removing the Phillips-head screw that holds the Mini PCI cover on the lower portion of your laptop.
Lift the outside rim of the Mini PCI cover to remove by using your finger or any flat-finned tool.
Disconnect the wireless antenna cables on the Mini PCI card with a pliers. Be careful on disconnecting it.
Release the Mini PCI card by pushing your both arms away repeatedly.
Hold the Mini PCI card on its rim and then carefully pull it to remove.
Put the Mini PCI card on a stationary bag.
3. Replacing the wireless card (LAN Mini PCI):
Get the wireless LAN Mini PCI card on the stationary bag.
Search for the alignment slot and then align it in the board holder.
Hold the Mini PCI card on its rim and carefully push it to replace it.
Press the Mini PCI card down.
Reconnect the wireless antenna cables that you just disconnect.
Insert the Mini PCI cover to the inclusion.
Change the Phillips-head screw.
4. Replace the battery.
If the above steps didn't work, you may need to replace your wireless card.