N/APosted on - 10/01/2013
I am trying to create a zip file using WinZip but I have not been successful. It presents me with an error. On this computer am using, I am not the administrator because it is my friend’s. Could this be causing this particular error? Please shed some light on this matter.
Error(710): the requested operation requires elevation.
WinZip software fails to zip a file
This error message pops up because Winzip is configured to 'Run As Administrator' in your system. This settings is usually done by the admin (here your friend being the ADMIN user), to allow to create zip files of the windows system protected folders like 'Program Files'.
1) Right-Click on the 'WinZip' desktop icon and click on 'Properties'
2) In the WinZip 'Properties' window, select the 'Compatibility' tab
3) Under this tab, uncheck the box corresponding to 'Run this program as an administrator'
Note: You will need to also click on the option 'Change settings for all users' to prevent this error popping for other users. To do so, you would need the ADMIN user credentials.
Solution 2: You can also resolve the issue by following below steps:
1) Go to 'Control Panel' through the START button
2) Open the User Account Control settings window and uncheck the UAC box
3) Click OK
To turn off the User Account Settings in a simpler way, go to command prompt (Run as Administrator) and execute the following command:
%windir%System32cmd.exe /k %windir%System32reg.exe ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f