N/APosted on - 04/19/2014
When I want to open an Word document this error message appears. This error started to appear today and I never had this before. I tried to reinstall Office but I still have this error. Can anyone tell me more about this error ? What is the solution for this ?
Thank you !
WINWORD.EXE – Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
WINWORD.EXE was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b
This error occur on 64 bit operating system when the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package in not configured correctly. So by replacing the files will be solve this problem. But besides this one there are another techniques to solve this issue.
1. Download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributor Package and launch the application.
2. Select “I have read and accept the license terms” and click “Install”.
3. After installing restart your PC and now launch the application.
If the problem persist, follow Option 2
1. To solve this issue you need 5 files for replacing. So download the 5 files from here which is safe as it is from BitDefender. 5 files are:
mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll
2. Now unzip the files and Right-click on the application once and them tap and hold until seeing the square and then go “Bring up context menu” and select “Extract All…”
3. Now reboot your PC into Safe Mode. To do that”
For Window 8: Restart your PC while holding Shift Key.
For Windows XP, Vista, 7: Restarting PC hit F8 at the logo and select “Safe Mode”.
4. Now highlight all 5 files and select "Copy".
5. Now navigate to this folder: C:WindowsSystem32
6. Select “Local Disk (C:) and double click on “Windows” folder.
7. Search for “System 32” folder and double click on it to open.
8. Now past the 5 files. Right-click an empty area and select “Past”.
9. When “Replace or Skip Files” window appear, select “Replace the file in the destination”.
10. Now restart your PC normally and this should work perfectly.