N/APosted on - 04/02/2015
I am reinstalling Windows XP and everything work fine except Help and Support. Now days Help support is very essential of Windows XP When I am forgetting anything or how to use functions. I would like to recover its functionality. Is it possible to recover without installation of Windows XP? Thank You
Windows XP Help operation does not work
You did a great decision in reinstalling Windows Xp as the safest and best solution for your problem. Before you follow the instructions illustrated below, please make sure and create back-up for your files and system if everything fails.
1. Go to Start, select Run and then type “regedit” and then click ok. We can also do this in latest version by holding “Windows” button and “R”, Run dialog box will pop-up and type “regedit” and hit Enter button
2. Locate >>>
Please make sure you select the proper subkey above. If the above mentioned strings doesn’t appear in the registry, select “New”, select “Key”, and then type “HELPCTR.exe” press Enter.
3. In the left window/or sub-pane, select/click HELPCTR.exe, in the right window/pane right click “Default”. Select “Modify” in the Value Data box, and type type
“C:WINDOWSPCHealthHelpCtrBinariesHelpCtr.exe” and click “OK.”
4. Restart your system or computer.
One more alternative option is illustrated below.
1. Go to Start, look and select Control Panel.
2. Select Admin/Administrative Tools.
3. Select Services, go to “Help and Support”, right click and select Properties.
4. In Start-up, select “Automatic” and Start the Service.
Another alternative way.
1. Go to ”Start” and go to “Run.”
2. Type “services.msc” and press “Enter” button.
3. Double-click “Help and Support.”
4. Set the Startup type to Automatic.
5. Start the Service.