N/APosted on - 05/10/2012
I received this error code, Error number: 0x8024D007 when I tried to install windows updates. I don’t know why this happens. I didn’t get any thing from Microsoft support also. Can someone suggest anything to me? Thank you.
Windows Update Installation Error 0x8024D007
Dear Tracy Carlson,
This problem occurs when the windows update agent file Wups2.dill is registered incorrectly in the registry. Because the registry files that correspond to the Wups2.dill file are missing, update installations are unsuccessful.
To solve your problem follow the instruction:
01. Open a new notepad
02. Copy the following commands to the notepad
REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL /S
REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL /S
REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL /S
REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL /S
REGSVR32 MUCLTUI.DLL /S
REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL /S
REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL /S
REGSVR32 MUWEB.DLL /S
REGSVR32 QMGR.DLL /S
REGSVR32 QMGRPRXY.DLL /S
03. Go to the file menu of the notepad, click save as
04. In the list select all files
05. In the name type register.bat
06. Save the register.bat file on your desktop.
07. Click right button of mouse on the file register.bat, and then run as administrator.
08. Try to install update now.
If again failed to update then you need to follow the next instruction.
** Download windows update agent from Microsoft website and install in your computer and restart. Your problem will be solved.
I think this information will solve your problem.