N/APosted on - 01/07/2015
Why is my laptop running windows 8. 1 fails to install update after downloading the updates? I configured my windows 8. 1 laptop to use window automatic update and whenever the laptop download the updates, installation always fail saying window can bot install update. What could be the cause of the problem? How do I resolve the problem?
Windows update fails to install.
Here are the steps you can apply, in hope that you will resolve your issue.
1. Try to install updates manually again. Sometimes the problem can come when servers are busy, with your unstable connection, etc., while your update was being installed.
2. If you did not, accept Microsoft License terms.
3. Check if you have enough disk space on your laptop and perform disk cleanup.
4. Don't interrupt the installation process or disconnect from the Internet.
5. Open Windows Update by swiping on screen from right to left, tap on Settings, then Change PC settings, Update Recovery and then click on View your update history. There you will find which update is causing the problem.