N/APosted on - 01/07/2014
Hi trouble shooters,
I am in the process of setting the system, when I came to Windows Live Messenger I ended up with an error message. But I am sure, checked twice password and ID are damn perfect. Why I am getting this error? Do I need to check the internet security settings? Please assist to find the solution. Thanks.
Title: Windows live Messenger error 80048821
Windows Live Messenger could not sign you in because the windows Live ID you entered does not exist or is incorrect.
If you have forgotten your password, click Forgot your password? at the bottom of the main Messenger window.
Windows live Messenger is showing error 80048821
The error is because the login credentials are incorrect in the system.
To resolve this error follow the steps mentioned below:
1) Change the password in the page and sign in again
2) Add the firewall in the system and reinstall the messenger in the device
3) Clear the Internet Explorer cache and cookies in the messenger
4) Open the Internet Explorer, click 'Tools' menu
5) Click 'Delete Files' and 'Delete Cookies' to delete the values in the system
6) Click on 'Internet Explorer security settings' option on the webpage
7) Click 'Internet' options, uncheck the 'Check for server certificate revocation' checkbox
8) Check the 'Use SSL 2.0' and 'Use SSL 3.0' checkbox, click 'OK'
9) Click 'Start', select 'Run', enter 'regsvr32 softpub.dll' value
10) Remove the dll from the system and restart the system