N/APosted on - 04/10/2012
I have tried installing and re-installing the windows several times but the result does not change, every time I hit the start up button, it shows the motherboard logo (HP) and then a black screen shows up saying " error loading operating system" . How do I solve it???
Windows does not load operating system
You can try doing Repair Install;
1. Insert your OS Installation disk
2. Restart your computer and boot from CD
3. Choose your country from the dropdown box.
4. You will be given two options: Install and Repair; choose Repair
5. You will again be given list of options; Choose command prompt.
6. Enter chkdsk c: /f/r in the command prompt screen to check your drive for errors, Bad Sectors and corrupt files.
7. If there are errors on the hard drive, you can try to plug it into other device as a SLAVE, or Plug and Play
8. Double Click My Computer, then Right Click on the secondary Drive and then go to properties.
9. Go to TOOLS tab on the top of the properties window and then click on the radio button beside Error Checking or Defragmentation.
10. Click on CHECK now in the error checking section to open a window where you can click Automatically Fix File System Errors and Scan for and Attempt Recovery of Bad Sectors.