N/APosted on - 06/07/2012
I have Win 7×64 running in my computer, and installed Adobe reader x. When I try to open a PDF file, I get ms visual C++ runtime library error. The application terminates in an unusual way. The weird thing is I can open PDF’s in Google chrome and don't get any error. But I get an error when using Internet Explorer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled adobe 2 times and still getting the same problem.
Any help is appreciated. thank you.
Windows 7×64 having problem with Adobe Reader X
I'd like you to try a quick modification to the preferences to see if it makes any difference?
1. Open Reader
2. Click Edit > Preferences
3. Click the Internet menu on the left
4. Toggle the "Display PDF in browser" option (if it's checked, uncheck and vice versa)
5. Uncheck the "Allow fast web preview" and "Allow speculative downloading in the background" options
6. Click OK
Also, I'd like you to clear your temp files by running the disk cleanup manager:
1. Open Computer in the Start menu
2. Right-click the C: drive > click Properties
3. Click "Disk Cleanup"
4. Check everything except "Compressed backup files" < I think that's what it's called
5. Click OK
Let me know the results. Best of success!