N/APosted on - 09/17/2014
I am trying to learn about windows tools so please help me.I haven't yet created my recovery discs, but I have upgraded the machine from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Can I create Windows 8 recovery discs or will it be looking for Windows 7 information if I need to restore my system?
Window 8 Upgrade Information and Windows 8 Tips
Windows 8 isn’t so hard but it requires better care and consciousness to master this operating system. For a new beginner, it’s best to keep a system repair drive. Now, Windows 8 supports USB flash drive to be used as a system repairing media. It’s easier and safer than using disc.
1. From Start menu, type “recovery drive”.
2. Click “Create a recovery drive”.
3. After opening the recovery drive tool, check the option “Copy the recovery partition from the PC to the recovery drive” >> click “Next”.
4. Insert your USB drive. The size should be more than the size shown on the screen for preparing the device.
5. Select your USB drive >> click “Next”.
6. Click “Create”.
7. Click “Finish”.
Now, your system repair drive preparing is complete. If you have made any problem, boot into the USB drive and then repair your system.
Also, create a system restore point when the PC was in problem-free state. Learn how to create a system restore point in Windows 8.