N/APosted on - 07/03/2014
I have a Logitech h540 USB headset. It is supposed to be a plug and play device, but it prompted that the device was not properly installed. It cannot find a driver. I am running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. I tried it on a different laptop with the same OS version and it worked perfectly. Is it an OS problem on my HP or is there a driver I can manually download or install? Thanks.
Win 7 Pro 32bit cannot find driver for Logitech H450 headset
The problem you are experiencing is quite common among users.
Here is a suggestion:
1. Keep the headset connected to the USB port of your computer.
2. While it is connected, click on the 'Start Menu' and select 'Shutdown'.
3. Allow the computer to power down completely (DO NOT disconnect the headset)
4. After the computer powers off completely, turn it back on…
5. Allow the Operating system to boot and wait for Windows to automatically search for and install the drivers for your device.
Remember, keep the device connected throughout the entire process.
Note: If the above does not work at first, then try connecting the headset on a different USB ort on your PC and repeat the process.