N/APosted on - 10/04/2014
I want to ask a question it is elate to my smartphone. So my question is why I'm unable to configure tethering and portable settings and create a new Wifi hotspot in my Nokia XL smartphone. I tried to do it a lot of times but still with no help I'm asking this question here please answer me how to solve this.
Why tethering and portable is not working in Nokia XL?
It is important to mention the processes you have taken while asking a question. It helps to recognize the exact problem and thus solving it.
However, in order to configure tethering, you need to follow the steps given below-
1. Connect your phone to the computer using Bluetooth (for Bluetooth tethering) or using Nokia CA-101 MicroUSB cable (for USB tethering). Download connectivity drivers if required.
2. Go to Settings > Mobile date and networks > Tethering and Hotspot from your phone.
3. Check on USB Tethering / Bluetooth Tethering based on your need.
Your computer will be able to use your phone's data now. Don't forget to activate data connection on your phone before starting tethering.
If you want to create a WiFi hotspot to connect one or multiple devices, you can do that following the instructions below-
1. Go to Settings > Mobile date and networks > Tethering and Hotspot from your phone and enable Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
2. After that click on Set up Wi-Fi hotspot. Provide a name, select the security type and save them after giving a password.
Now, you can easily connect your other wifi enabled devices using the password.
If you face any difficulty, feel free to ask.