N/APosted on - 03/21/2013
I have bought Silvercrest mouse from the market and now trying to install the drivers but it is not working properly. It shows error that some file is missing and at the end this message is displayed in the system tray that device driver was not installed successfully. I am using Microsoft Window 7 ultimate 32-bit. Is there any configuration problem with Silvercrest mouse drivers or something else? Some expert guidance is needed.
Why my Silvercrest mouse is dead and not working?
Hi Kimberly Seann,
The problem you are experienced could be caused by many things. Bad hardware, drivers that are not compatible with your windows, usb port on your PC. In order to solve your problem I would suggest few tips:
1. If your mouse model is wireless check the batteries. Sometimes bad batteries can be a problem.
2. Change the USB port on your PC. Try using the front USB if you have them. If not use the different one then you did before. (I assume its an USB mouse)
3. Right click My Computer -> Properties. Select Device Manager on the right side. Your mouse will probably either in "Mice and other pointing devices" or in "Other Devices" and will have a yellow colored exclamation mark near it. Click on it and delete it. Plug out your mouse and plug in it again. This will reinstall the mouse driver.
4. Google the model of your mouse and add windows 7 drivers after it.
5. If nothing helps try installing your mouse if you have a neighbor or a relative with other PC. See if it works on his PC. If it does work it implies to driver problems which can be solved by the solution under number 4.
I hope this helps.