Why is my CPU grounded?

Asked By 0 points N/A Posted on -
qa-featured

I was trying to insert a cd in the cdrom, and i felt a rush of volts when I touched the CPU. What seems to be the problem? I did not touch with my hand or feet wet. What will I do about it? Is something wrong with my pc?

SHARE
Best Answer by Wally_West
Best Answer
Best Answer
Answered By 0 points N/A #115320

Why is my CPU grounded?

qa-featured

There are several possible reasons for the slight electric shock that you get from touching the metal parts of your CPU chassis which could be anything from a faulty power cord, faulty wiring of your socket or faulty PSU.

If you've had your CPU for a long time and this problem only started recently then it is most likely because of a faulty power supply unit (PSU).  To check further if it is your PSU that is causing this problem, turn off your computer and unplug it from the socket.  If you can still feel the electric shock then something is wrong with your PSU.  If the PSU is the problem then replace it with a branded one like HEC, Enermax, Acbel, etc.

Hope this helps.

Answered By 0 points N/A #115321

Why is my CPU grounded?

qa-featured

Hi,

This is a serious problem.

Check the System setup of your computer. restart your computer and go to BIOS setup. Review your settings by referring to this site

After checking this procedure. Check your power supply if connected properly, this is to ensure that your computer is receiving the proper amount of power. Check your cables and peripherals that might be the real problem in this case.

Hope it helps

regards,

Dlanear

Login/Register to Answer

Related Questions