N/APosted on - 12/30/2014
Why is my Mac laptop not recognizing my iPod touch? I was synchronizing my iPod touch with my Mac Laptop, after I finish sync and I try to eject the iPod from my Mac, the Mac won't eject the device. I later force the ejection by shutting down the Mac system. Later, when I powered on the Mac and plug the iPod, the Mac stops recognizing the device. What is the cause of this behavior? How can I fix the problem?
Why does Mac not recognizing my iPod touch?
Try these steps to resolve the issue
1. Connect iOS Device to your MAC with original cable.
2. Restart your device and also restart your mac
3. Please make sure that mac meets minimum system requirement for ipod touch.
4. Install the available software updates on your mac.
5. USB port on your mac should be 2.0. iOS needs 2.0 to work properly.
6. Other USB should be disconnected. iOS device should be connected directly to mac with USB 2.0