N/APosted on - 12/11/2013
I have an old computer that runs Windows 98. It has a 64 MB Ram and around 4GB HDD memory space. Is it possible to install Linux distribution on it? Which of the three : XUbuntu, FluxUbuntu or Puppy must I select based on their system requirements?
Which Linux distro to select on an old computer
The Puppy Linux is the best to be used for Windows 98 system.
The system requirements for Puppy Linux are as mentioned below:
1) It requires 500 MHz processor for installation
2) It has 128 MB RAM for the software
3) User needs 512 MB free hard drive space to create an optional save file
4) Hard disk is not required for booting the live disc
5) If the system has a swap partition, the Puppy Linux will automatically use it to create virtual size of the RAM disk