N/APosted on - 01/31/2012
An error message is getting when I am trying to start the service from the COGNOS server. I have searched in forum but nothing found helpful. Please see the error message. ‘Event ID description is not able to find. May be the installation is corrupted. Repair the component in local computer. It runs with Windows Server 2008. I don’t what is happening. If anybody knows how to fix this problem, please let me know. I will thankful for all help and support.
Whenever I start COGNOS server I get this error
Here is an answer about your problem, just follow the steps carefully and ask me for any further questions about the steps.
But before doing anything go to the Windows log to see the cause of the error. You can access it by going to my computer and then Local Disk C, Look for the folder named “Windows” open it and look again for another folder named log. If you found the Log for COGNOS and found the same error, kindly follow the following steps that I will provide.
1. Go to the COGNOS controller configuration on the COM+
2. On the server dialog, if you see this option checked “Enforce Access checks for the Controller COM+ application” unchecked it.
In the controller Com+ roles and users section, add the Group EVERYONE to the list of users that are allowed to run the same COGNOS controller.
If the same error come up again here is another step.
1. Turn off all upfront services. Verify if all the services are shut down.
2. Create a backup of the upfront folder Cognos/cer5.
3. Run the Upfront administration service and the Datastore service.
4. Make a new folder in your hard drive named upfdata. Open a Dos box ( You can download the Dos box on this link: http://dosbox.en.softonic.com/) and move the folder /Cognos/cer5, Do a upfpack –d C:upfdata. To make an Upfront package of the Upfront data store.
5. Reinitialize the DatasStore with this two commands.
“UpfUnpack -p StartingThemesLanguages.pkg -r UpfUnpackRulesInstall1.txt -ns default –del”
“pfUnpack -p StartingNewsindex.pkg -r UpfUnpackRulesInstall2.txt -ns default Whereas "default" is your namespace name” default Whereas "default" is your namespace name.
6. Check the Upfront dispatcher if there is any error.
7. If there is no Error, Import the uppackage.pkg which is inside the folder upfdata.
8. Stop the Dispatcher again.
9. Open a dos box and move the folder Cognos/cr5/bin. Do again another upfunpack –p c: upfdataupfpackage.pkg -ns default –del again the name is “default”.
10. Start again the Upfront dispatcher. And your problem is now solved.
For the complete commands of upfpack and upfunpack see the document ebi_int.pdf
“For the complete list of Command line options see the document ebi_inst.pdf”
Here is the link on the pdf file http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27014635.
Thank you and Contact me if you have any further question.