When turn on, my dell laptop shows black screen
Follow the steps below to restore your computer to the Last Know Good Configuration
- Reboot your computer.
- When the computer starts up, press the F8 key on the keyboard repeatedly.
- This will bring up the Windows Advance Options Menu as shown in the picture below.
- Push the Down Arrow key on your keyboard until you get to Last Known Good Configuration (advanced) option
- Press Enter
Running this configuration will restore your computer’s working system settings without deleting anything on your computer.
The second thing to try is to perform a Built in Self-test. To do that:
- Turn the computer on.
- Press in and hold the D key while the pc is booting up.
- Different colors will appear on your screen.
- Once the self-test has completed, reboot and see if the problem is fixed.