N/APosted on - 05/10/2013
To all Techyv members, hope all is well. I would like to know what is the review of Hitachi hard drive tool lately? Please include its own pros and cons. Also, it's better if you can also compare this with another hard drive tool for comparison purposes. I'll be looking forward for your reply.
What is the review of hitachi hard drive tool lately?
For me Hitachi Drive fitness tools are one of the best out there and mostly because it is vendor independent. You can use this tool for any kind of HDD vendor.
This tool will provide you the following:
1. Enable/Disable Read Ahead or write cache.
2. Change the HDD Capacity.
3. Change Advanced Power Mode
4. Show Temperature of HDD
An alternative solution to this tool is Seagate SeaTools. It can be used with any vendor and therefore provide you a universal solution.
Why is this tool better :
1. You can run this tool within its own CD or install it in Windows.
2. Has Acoustic test for noise Troubleshooting
3. Independent (DOS) version is compatible with all Operating Systems
1. DOS version of this tool handles maximum 100 Errors. After this limit is reached testing has to begin again.
From my experience I would definitely stay with Hitachi tool.