N/APosted on - 05/23/2011
I am not a computer wise and I'm dumb on computers. I just use it to surf and send out emails. But while surfing the internet, an error occurred. It stated that:
"Iexplore.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
Each time this happens, I would just restart my computer and would just proceed to surfing again. This message appears more frequently now a days and I am not sure if restarting the computer solves the issue or makes my computer function even worse. The error message appears.
More frequently. I tried to troubleshoot or use the HELP menu in my computer but it seems that I could not find the answer there. I think for me to really diagnose or be able to fix the problem correctly, I would need to know the root or the cause of the error. Could it be coming from my hardware or is this a virus? It's so hard if you do not know much about computers. The error message appears frequently each time I browse or surf the net.
Could the error be caused by a browser problem? I hope somehow you can make me understand the error and help me stop the error message.
What is Iexplore.exe application error?
The error that you are encountering usually happens when there is a component in your browser that is either damaged or corrupted, There is an easy way and have hard way to solve this.
The hard was is to trace the specific file that was damaged, you can find this .dll file when you click on the "click here" link at the message box that appeared. You can remove them manually by tracing the .dll file to its folder and delete it.
The easy way to solve this is to simply update you Internet explorer browser.
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Check the version of you browser by clicking on help then click on About Internet explorer. If you have a version below IE 9, its time to update the browser to the latest version.
2. a You can do this by following the link http://www.iegallery.com/PinnedSites, then click on Download now on the orange bar at the upper left corner.
3. If you already have the latest version, you have either 3 ways to go; you can Clear Browsing data on your browser by doing this:
3. a Click on tools.
3. b Click on Internet Options.
3. c A small pop-up box will show on the screen with Internet Options on the heading.
3. d On the General Tab under browsing history and click on the "delete button to clear you browsing data.
3. e Close and Open Internet explorer and you can see that you browse has been refreshed.
3. f If you encounter the problem again, that means it has something to do with the browser already, if this happens the next thing to do is follow these steps:
4. You need to reset your entire browse (that means every add on you installed on the browser will be deleted to delete the .dll file.
4. a Click on tools.
4. b Click on Internet Options.
4. c A small pop-up box will show on the screen with Internet Options on the heading.
4. d Click on the Advanced Tab.
4. e Click on the reset tab. Note: Before you do this make sure you have the links save in you favorites tab because it will erase you favorites and any data save like auto fill passwords.
This should help you with the error that you are encountering. If in case the error is still happening, the final step to take is to uninstall and reinstall the entire Iexplorer. What you need to do is follow the above link, the download this (make sure that you take not of the .exe file for this because you need to click on in to install.)
5. After downloading IE9 follow these steps:
5. a Click on start.
5. b Go to control panel.
5. c Click on add or remove programs.
5. d Click on Windows Internet Explorer then click on remove.
5. e Click on the .exe file you downloaded from the website I gave you then install the new version.
5. f Restart your computer to have the changes take place.
5. g Once you PC have restarted your IE9 should be working and no errors will occur.
I hope this helps.
What is Iexplore.exe application error?
This problem occurs because one of the following browser helper objects (BHO) is installed on your computer:
– Morpheus Shopping Club
– WURLD Shopping Community
Additionally, you logged on to the computer with a limited user account. The BHO tries to modify certain system files and Windows Registry entries that require administrative credentials to access. As a result, when the BHO cannot access these files and registry entries, Internet Explorer stops abruptly.
To resolve this problem, remove the BHO from your computer. For information about how to remove the BHO, contact the manufacturer of the program.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
827315 Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software.