N/APosted on - 07/28/2016
I am using Cognos Framework Manager to build Metadata Models. I am finding it complex to perform this task. So, I have an urge to know, what are the Cognos Framework Manager Best Practices that I can adopt for making models?
What are the Cognos Framework Manager Best Practices when building models?
There are some practices that make the process of creating Metadata Model simple when you use Cognos Framework Manager.
1) When you create a mode, you must make a document that contains all the important details of the Model, so that you can refer the document when asked about the model after few months of its deployment.
2) Create all the Joins manually and do not allow Cognos to make the Joins.
3) Keep a history of the Metadata Models that you create. The Cognos Framework Manager comes with in built connections to Visual Safe.
4) To reduce the troubleshooting time, keep your package, object, and the data secure at very high levels.
5) Do not publish all the data to the end-user. Only publish the data under the presentation layer.