N/APosted on - 04/06/2015
Hello, my name is Jason and I happen to come across the word Transient Designers in a magazine after hearing a friend of mine used it in his speech on sound production. I have not had the opportunity to look really for the possible simplest but detailed meaning to the word “Transient Designer” and therefore would be happy to know what a Transient Designer is? And also to have the best guidelines that can one follow to use the Transient Designers in various mixes during an event such as a musical concert? Thank you.
What and how Transient Designer can be used
There’s only one transient plug-in that I know right now. It is called the “SPL Transient Designer.” Also known as Sound Performance Laboratory. This is used in redefining music into mixes in modern-to-classic style of recording studio-based design.
Let me enumerate the best features of SPL Transient Designer.
1. UA-structured, SPL connected plug-in version of Transient Designer’s exclusive Differential Envelope Technology.
2. Intensifies or controls the transients of percussive sources for greater impact, or a softened response.
3. Maintain of sources can be transparently shortened or increased
4. Regulates, controls or increases room sound or pre-existing reverb on virtually any source.
5. Can be utilized as a substitute, a transparent tool for minimizing microphone interruptions or bleed.
6. Attack can be increase or regulated by up to 15 dB while being amplified or attenuated by up to 24 dB
7. Requires a UAD DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface available from any authorized third party vendors or retailers.
How to use SPLS’ Transient Designer?
1. Knowing the controls – there are different plug-ins that we can use to maximize and optimize our mixes and sound effects. We need two controls for this, “Attack” and “Release”. You need Logic Pro 8’s ‘Enveloper’ and Universal Audio’s recreation of SPL Designer.
2. Increasing the level of the attack phase in each transient (a.k.a Adding Punch) – including attack in this way volume of the music will be amplified, just need to lower the output level of the plug-in to avoid snipping. Of course, you could take things much further here if you liked and further processing such as EQ and limiting would help polish things off.
3. Softening a Sound’s Attack – this is the reciprocal of adding attack. If attack promulgate increasing the sound here you need to minimize the different aspects of sound to minimize noise and vibrations.
4. Removing Room Sound and Effects – eliminating the room noise and adding echo or enhancers to expound the pure quality of recorded sound or your music file.
5. Sustain Effects – maintain effects and create effects that will maintain the clarity of you sound. It will serve as the equalizer of the sound file.