N/APosted on - 07/08/2011
Hi, to all network administrators also to me as I am also a network administrator and I run two net labs. Just today in the morning I received this error message, while I was configuring a client PC with my VPN server network.
The client PC is not joining to the domain and repeatedly giving this error that states, "no hostname exists."
Error 5: no hostname exists for this connection entry. Unable to make VPN connection.
While all the other clients are connected to the secure VPN domain, via the same hostname I don’t understand why this client PC is not getting connected.
I re-installed fresh Windows on that client PC and then re-tried to configure it and connect to the domain, but still got no luck .
Please guide me how to solve this error?
VPN Client Hostname Unavailability Error
– A. Steven –
There are a few reasons why this error has occurred. It can be an issue with viruses, an IP address configuration or a firewall blocking the connection between the client and the host.
For the VPN client that I am using, this is the normal procedure I follow:
Note: Run an entire system scan, to make sure that this is not caused by a virus/malware/spyware.
1. Close out your VPN client.
2. Click the configuration image on your screen.
3. Click on "Save in the File Download" window and save the file on the desktop for easy access to it later.
4. Once the download is complete, click "Run" in the "Download Complete" window or you may launch the file from your desktop.
5. Click "Run" in the editor window, and detect the VPN client version you have installed.
6. Once it is done detecting the version of your VPN installed, click on Repair.
7. Restart the VPN client after complete repair and try to connect to the VPN again.
If the above-mentioned resolution does not work, try to check the IP addresses of the host and the client. They must share the same IP on the client's router/AP configuration.
Try to disable the firewall/NAT filtering on the client's AP/router as well, to test if these are the factors that are not allowing you to connect.
– Alexa Royce –