N/APosted on - 05/29/2012
I have a Windows 2008 64 bit operating system but I am getting an error 1406 when installing VMware Vsphere client 4.1.
The error says "could not write value Product Language to key SOFTWAREVMWARE " I already tried to restart my computer and log on as the administrator of the computer but that did not do any good.
Error1406. Could not write value ProductLanguage to key
SOFTWAREVMWARE, Inc.VMware vSphere PSDK Runtime. Verify
that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your
Your suggestions would be highly appreciated.
VMware VSphere 4.1 on my Windows 2008 64 bit computer installation problems
Hi, David Agostino,
Your problem is error 1406 when installing VMware Vsphere client 4.1. "could not write value ProductLanguage to key SOFTWAREVMWARE"
Many other people have the same problem when try to install VMware Vsphere client 4.1 on windows 2008.
To solve the issue is simple, you must delete some registry key.
Follow this step to do that :
1. Install VMware Vsphere client 4.1 as usual.
2. When the error 1406 come up, open registry editor ( Click Start then type Regedit on search bar then Enter ).
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeVMware, Inc and delete the key.
3. Click OK to close registry editor.
4. Click Retry on the error 1406 window, the installation process will continue until it finish.