N/APosted on - 12/17/2012
I am a video shooter by profession. I use trusted VLC media player to watch all the videos in my system.
I have been using this since 4 years and faced no issue. Past 10 days, my VLC player got crashed and I am unable to reinstall it.
I am getting the below error message.
Kindly help me in reinstalling the software so that I can continue to watch videos.
Thanks in advance.
VLC media player 0.9.4 Setup
Extract: error writing to file vlc.exe
VLC player got crashed and I am unable to reinstall it
It may be because of installing older version of VLC on your system instead of latest version. May be that will be the reason of causing problem in installation. Try to download a latest version Of VLC and install it. If it does not work then Sometimes it cause problem during installation because of VLC running under the process. Follow these steps.
1. Log in to your windows as a Administrator.
2. open task manager and you will see over there an option on the tab by the name of " Processes ."
3. Scroll down and see if there is VLC.exe. Select VLC.exe and click on end process.
4. In control panel go to Add / Remove program and uninstall VLC.
5. Download fresh copy of VLC and now install it.