N/APosted on - 09/03/2013
VLC for 3D movies is this something available now?.
Does this need a hardware that's compatible with the Player or would this be some app that works on any desktop or laptop.
VLC player for 3D movies would be a great tool if available for free and also does it need the 3D spectacles?
Can i have a detailed answer for this please.
VLC for 3d movies is this something available now?
Yes, you can now watch 3D movies using your VLC Player.
Try the steps below and see if it will work for you.
This will let you watch 3D Side-by-Side on your VLC Player.
You need to have at least VLC Version 2.0 or higher.
1. Launch VLC Media Player and then click on Tools and then go to Preferences.
2. On the lower left portion, select Show Settings and then All.
3. Scroll down and select Video on the left side of the settings window.
4. On the right, scroll to Source aspect ratio.
5. Type the aspect ratio. Ensure that the width is doubled. Example is, alter the 16:9 to 32:9 video.
6. Save and then close VLC. The new aspect ratio will be saved. Just change it if you are done watching in 3D mode or your usual videos will be stretched.
7. Launch VLC and play any 3D video and then pause from the start.
8. You can check on the resolution of your video on the Tools menu under the Media Information> Codec.
9. Click on Tools> Effects and Filter.
10. Click on Video Effects> Crop.
11. Type the half of your horizontal pixels on the right. If your video is 1920×1080, make it 960 px.
12. Close and then play your movie.