N/APosted on - 04/26/2015
I am just new with computer programming. I recently installed also Visual Basic 2013. I was able to use it for at least 2-3 weeks. When I turned on my computer and launched this software it posted me message “The application cannot start.” Can you tell me what could be the cause of this problem? Can you give me instructions on how to resolve this error? Can you give me alternative ways on how to resolve it and to avoid this from happening again?
Visual basic 2013 issues on launching it with computer
Visual Studio is the IDE that’s used to develop Visual Basic programs. You can try repairing the installation of Visual Studio.
1. From Start menu, go to Control Panel >> Programs >> Programs and Features >> Uninstall a program.
2. Right-click on Visual Studio >> click “Change”.
3. Select “Repair” >> click “Next”.
If that didn’t fix the issue,
1. From Start menu, type “regedit.exe” >> hit Enter.
2. From the left pane, navigate to “HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionAppCompatFlagsLayers”.
3. Delete the registry tree.
4. Start Visual Studio.
Also, try the followings:
1. Navigate to “C:Program Files (X86)Common FilesMicrosoft SharedMSEnv”.
2. Copy all the .OLB files to “C:Program Files X86Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0Common7IDE” or similar.
Hope your Visual Studio works fine.