N/APosted on - 06/14/2012
I have just upgraded Virtual box but it won´t let me install the extension pack.
My Virtualbox version
My Extension Pack version
Failed to install the Extension Pack D:/downloads/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.1.14-77440.vbox-extpack.The installer failed with exit code 1:VBoxExtPackHelper App.exe:error:Failed to rename the extension pack directory:VER_ALREADY_EXISRS rcExit=1.
Please help. Thanks
Virtualbox’s Extension Pack 4.1.14 problems
You have to clean up the old extension pack from the command line before you can update your extension pack and here is how:
1) Close any running VirtualBox instances.
2) Open your command line as an administrator by clicking start then typing CMD in the search box and right click CMD.exe and choose Run as administrator.
3) Now head to your virtualbox folder using the "CD" command (if you are in "C:program files" then type cd Oracle/VirtualBox )
4) Type the following command "vboxmanage extpack cleanup"
5) Now that you have cleaned up your old extension pack start virtualbox and update the expansion pack.