N/APosted on - 11/28/2013
An error occurred when I attempted to enter a file name in the Add Program dialog box. It shows me invalid file name as I have entered the correct name in the path. How can I fix this error box? I am running Windows XP Operating System. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
Invalid file name. A valid file name cannot contain any of the following characters:
An validation Error has occurred
The error is because the file name is not in proper format.
To resolve this error follow the rules mentioned below.
1) The file name should be a short name with eight character name
2) It must have a period (.) and a 3 character extension
3) The length of the file name can be extended by adding a vertical bar (|)
4) There should not be any special characters in the file name
5) The full path syntax is not allowed