N/APosted on - 06/04/2012
I have two computers and printer(with wifi) and i have a 3G router and use USB adapters for my wifi for both computers.
Will I be able to access the internet on both computers via that 3g router?
I meant that, can i use my USB modem via the 3G router to get both computers to access the internet?
Using Two PC’s with a Single USB Modem
Hello Sophieissabell ,
You can't use a switch to share an internet connection. The modem is giving you one IP address only.
You need a router, which will attach to the modem, and will do NAT to distribute multiple IP addresses internally to your network
Short answer – buy a router to replace the switchOn BOTH PCs
But you can also try,
– Open PC Command Line:
– Click [Start] – Click [Run…] – enter: cmd, press [ENTER]
– At the prompt (c:…..>) enter: ipconfig /all, press [ENTER]
– – Ensure DHCP Enabled == YES
– At the prompt (c:…..>) enter: ipconfig /release, press [ENTER]
– At the prompt (c:…..>) enter: ipconfig /renew, press [ENTER]
– – Ensure EACH PC has a DIFFERENT IP address [may be sequential]
TEST: Open Web Browser: Connect to Internet…