N/APosted on - 10/11/2011
I need some help on this problem I've tried to deal with myself but failed tragically. So the problem is the use of Microsoft Word 2004. I'm working on Mac and after installing Microsoft office 2004 I just keep falling from one problem to another. Anyway, now when I start Microsoft Word 2004 this error message comes up:
An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library.
Could somebody please explain to me what is this all about and how can I resolve it as soon as possible.
Using Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac
I know what caused this and how to fix this problem.
This issue may occur if either of the following conditions is true:
-Files in the Office v. X Identities:Identity folder are locked.
-The Office v. X database has become corrupted.
If files in the Office v. X Identities:Identity folder are locked, follow these steps:
1. Exit any Office v. X programs that are currently running.
2. On the desktop, open your computer's hard disk, and then locate the following folder:
Hard disk:Users:User_Name:Documents:Microsoft User Data:Office X Identities
3. Open the folder for the affected identity.
4. Verify that files in the Identity folder are not locked.
Locked files show a small padlock below the lower-left corner of the file's icon.
5. If any files are locked, select the file, and then click Show Info on the File menu.
6. Click to clear the Locked check box, and then close the Show Info window.
7. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each locked file. The affected Office program should now start properly.
Hope this helps. Have a great day.